Monday, May 09, 2005

Sabbatical Travelblog

You may have received a cryptic email from me. Don’t worry about it. I’m attempting to learn to use a blog site. You should receive an email when I post to the blog.

People keep asking me, “Are you still here? I thought you were on sabbatical.” Answer: Yes. I am still here. And Yes. I am on sabbatical.

So far, the sabbatical has consisted of being home with my family, preparing a house to be occupied by a boarder (one of the summer interns will be living in our home this year), reading, and some solitude. Yesterday I worshipped with the Emerald Pointe Community Fellowship at the Emerald Pointe Apartments where we have a ministry team working. That was a delightful experience of diversity. A small group of Mexican Americans, African Americans, Anglos (and much diversity within each of those groups) gathered to sing, pray, and study the Scripture. Pamm Muzslay did an excellent job of presenting God’s Word. George and Claudia Mueller were there to encourage and support.

Today, we finish our task list and head for Bush Intercontinental at 3:00. We have a 7:10 PM flight to Oaxaca, arriving at 9:45. Rod and Connie Johnson will meet us at the airport. We’ll be staying in a home owned by the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention most of the time we are there. We will start our immersion Spanish classes tomorrow morning. I should have some limited internet access there, and will post to this blog as often as I can.

Thanks for your prayers and support. I am praying for UBC, and many of you by name as I am aware of needs in your lives.

I love you all. It is a privilege to serve as your pastor.

rrc

No comments: