Saturday, December 27, 2008

Safe and Sound in Herzliya

Our entire group from UBC arrived safely at our hotel last night. Some traveled through New York, some through London, and some through Atlanta. By 9:00 PM local time (1:00 PM CST) we were all assembled, enjoying the hotel buffet.

I know some of you may be concerned by the current headlines. Know that we will not be going within 100 miles of all that activity. The president of our tour agency is actually with us and has her husband and grandson along. You can be sure we will stick to the safe spots. But pray for the people here. There is much suffering as a consequence of the violence.

It is 4:30 AM here and I have been awake since 2:30 due to jet lag. I'm about to make my first pot of coffee. I brought my own and a french press on this trip. I recall from last time that Israel doesn't do coffee shops.

Today we'll be heading for Caesarea, Mt. Carmel, Megiddo, and Tiberius. These are great sites and I'm looking forward to sharing them with our pilgrims. I'll post a report tonight.

No comments: